A young woman was arrested in Fort Lauderdale, after a fatal hit-and-run accident that killed an innocent tourist. It seems like the woman allegedly did everything wrong, after the accident. First, she hit a male tourist that was standing outside of his vehicle. Sadly, the tourist was killed at the scene. The young woman panicked and left the scene of the accident. However, she turned herself in later and pleaded not guilty to the crime. The police charged the woman on two counts of failure to use due care. The fact is that hit and run is considered a criminal act in a court of law. The woman’s actions after the incident make her look very guilty. Her next strategic move should be to hire a Fort Lauderdale Hit and Run Attorney.
The woman in the hit and run accident fled the scene of the accident, where a fatality occurred. Any Fort Lauderdale Hit and Run Attorney will agree that this was a very risky move and added to the woman’s guild in the eyes of the people that witnessed the accident. Perhaps, the woman will look guilty to a judge and jury too. A Fort Lauderdale criminal defense lawyer is the only one that can help this woman defend herself in a court of law. Here is what we advise you to do, if you are involved in a hit and run accident.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident
- Call 911, if fatalities or serious injuries occurred
- Obtain names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses
- Obtain license plate number of other driver, if possible
- Take pictures of the accident scene and other vehicles, if applicable
- Contact your insurance company afterwards to report the incident
- Report the accident to the Department Of Motor Vehicles within the time limit
- Hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer, if applicable to the situation
If you live in the Fort Lauderdale area and were involved in a serious or fatal hit-and-run accident you should hire a criminal defense lawyer, who will represent you in a court of law. Certainly, it helps to have an experienced Fort Lauderdale Hit and Run Attorney on your side, ready to represent you in a court of law. Contact Hassett & Associates, P.A. at 954-791-3939 for more information or a free consultation.