Hassett & Associates, P.A.
Call 24/7 - (954) 791-3939 | Hablamos Español
Hassett & Associates, P.A.
Call 24/7 - (954) 791-3939 | Hablamos Español

Main Office:
6099 Stirling Road, Ste 217
Davie, FL 33314

Broward Office:
1327 SE 2nd Ave.
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33316

Miami Dade Office:
By Appointment Only
Miami, FL

Changing a Plea

If a criminal suspect has changed his or her mind about how he or she wishes to plead, he or she must tell the criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The defense attorney will explain to the court that the client wishes to change the plea. The judge will enter another plea colloquy with the client to make sure that the change of mind was not due to duress, coercion, or any other undue influence over the client. It is not uncommon that a suspect enters a plea without fully understanding the consequences of the plea. Some clients feel pressure to enter a guilty plea when they have a better chance of a positive result entering a not guilty plea. Consult the attorney for his or her advice, but the client makes the ultimate decision.

The information on this page does not represent legal advice. Because the law is continually changing, some of the provisions contained herein may be out of date. It is always wise to seek counsel from an experienced Fort Lauderdale Plea Lawyer like Kenneth Hassett.

Call 24/7

(954) 791-3939

Contact Us

Recent News

Posting Bail in Florida
Navigating the Bail Process in Florida: The Importance of an Experienced Criminal Attorney
January 19, 2024
Out-of-State Arrest
What Happens if I’m Arrested in Florida, But Live Out-of-State?
December 29, 2023
Fort Lauderdale felony arrest
What is the Difference Between a Felony and a Misdemeanor?
November 27, 2023